Here at the Law Office of Thomas J Dao, we are proud to offer low-cost legal assistance for select immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions and adjustment applications.
If you are determined eligible to participate, our office will assist you prepare your petition and/or application, and provide both guidance and legal representation throughout, from inception to final decision.
This service is offered for the cost of $850 in legal fees (additional fees discussed below), and includes processing for:
- One (1) U.S. Citizen or green card holder; and,
- One (1) alien immediate relative (spouse, unmarried child under 21 years of age, married child over 21 years of age, parent, or sibling).
- Additional alien immediate relatives may be processed for an additional $150 per beneficiary.
Filing fees and additional costs, such as medical examination fees and costs of vaccination, are additional, and are your responsibility. As of this writing, typical fees include:
- $535 petition filing fee,
- Medical examination fee (varies),
- Document translation costs (as necessary and varies); and,
- Depending on the location of your relative, either a $345 consular processing fee or a $1,225 adjustment fee.
Depending on your unique circumstances, there may be other fees not listed here. These fees are not paid to us, but rather to the processing agency or third-party U.S. Civil Surgeon or panel physician.
Not local to us? Not to worry, this process may be done remotely as long as you are comfortable sending documents electronically or by mail.
Just a Few Steps…
- We need to determine if you are eligible to utilize our low-cost process. Contact us here.
- If you are eligible, you enter into an agreement for our office to provide you with legal representation. You also pay our legal fees at this stage.
- We provide you with simple questionnaires and document requests, and you provide us with information. If your relative(s) is/are in the United States, a medical examination may be necessary at this stage. We will direct you on how to get this.
- We prepare all of your paperwork and supporting documentation.
- Once all paperwork and supporting documentation is assembled, they are sent to you for review and signature. If everything looks good, we submit to the appropriate agency. At this time, you must pay for all necessary filing fees.
- If your relative(s) is/are overseas, we will prepare and submit for processing all information necessary for consular processing. This happens only after the initial visa petition is approved. Your relative(s) will need to schedule a medical examination and attend an interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Once everything is approved, that’s it. Besides any necessary travel plans that need to be made, there are a few things you will need to know, and we will provide that information to you as needed.